Sunday, July 31, 2011

Laughter

March 19
I can remember where and when Bailey first laughed out loud. We were in Gatlinburg at a supermarket. It was August 2010 and she about a week shy of being 10 months old. She had laughed at Brianne. For months after that we rarely heard another laugh, and frankly she did not even smile that much. Slowly she has come around and smiles freely. It still amazes me when I smile at her, and she smiles back. I am sure that one day I will take her laugh for granted, but for now when it happens I stop and enjoy.   

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love, love, love the sound of a baby laughing. My heart breaks that you went such a long time without hearing Bailey laugh or even to see her smile. I am glad she has turned a corner. That poor girl has been through so much!!!