Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Grandfather's Love

If you are still wondering what was in those boxes, it was a play set. I finally got Lee on board with getting the kids a play set. I think we both know that the twins need a play set because it will be years before they will be able to go to a public one.
Grandaddy put it together almost completely by himself. Lee was here only one of the six days it took him to put it together. I regret not getting pictures after each day. Grandaddy spent 2 days putting it together while we were at the beach.

June 16
This was the afternoon after the 3rd day he spent putting it together. The kids put chairs up there and ate dinner.


I looked and Tyler had put Star Wars Lego men all over. I sure they were fighting it out.
June 23
Wyatt was Grandaddy's helper. He was in charge of making a mess and giving Grandaddy something extra to do.
The 5th day of work
June 25
The following pictures are from the sixth and final day.
I have proof that my Dad used directions for once.
Wyatt is ready to help Grandaddy build the play set. Yes he is in his sleep shirt. It is just too hot here to put on more clothes.

Again Wyatt the ever present helper.... He loves all of Grandaddy's tools.
She loves her Grandaddy. I wonder what he is telling her.



Grandaddy also brought watermelons so the twins got to try it for the first time. Of course Wyatt is willing to try anything.

This is Bailey's reaction to any food coming near her mouth. To get it in her mouth you just hold her hands down.
Poor baby! Her mean parents put food in her mouth.
We finally got Bailey to stand up on the floor. She is so scared the grass will touch her. She enjoyed driving.

Wyatt will climb up the stair and go down the slide all by himself. He loves it. Bailey did not like the slide and preferred standing under the set babbling at anyone swinging.
I don't know how my Dad did this by himself. If I had it to do over again I would have bought it in the middle of the winter so he would not have been out there in the heat putting it together. He had a 2 hour drive just to get here and then he worked on the set for hours. Exhausted and tired he then had to drive back another 2 hours. This is one Grandaddy that loves his grandchildren. If someone had told me 10 years ago my Dad would do half the things he does I would have laughed at them. The first time he went to one of Bailey's appointments with us I was amazed. I am still amazed. Lee and I would never have survived these last 22 months without them.
Don't worry Grandaddy. I am sure Tyler is right now trying to draw up some plans for you to build something with him. He knows you need something to do. Thank goodness I think he has forgotten the wooden car he wanted you to build.




1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow! Just to put that together was an incredible act of love, but to drive 4 hours a day as well. Wow. You've got one amazing father!!!