Monday, October 11, 2010

Twin Loving and PT Advise

These days there are more loving moments between the twins. They seem to notice each other more. Wyatt will sometimes still grab her hair or face, but sometimes he just goes and sits by her. It really makes you smile to see them interact.

He lovingly smashes her into the ground.
One of those face grabs... I don't think she likes it very much.

I know it seems like they are fighting, but there were no tears going on here. I don't really know what they were doing.
One of the suggestions the physical therapist gave us was to put Bailey in a laundry basket to get her to sit up. She really would rather be on her side sucking her fingers. The first day we started putting her in the basket she cried a lot. That night while in the basket she started banging her head on the back of the basket. I think she was trying to make it go away so she could lie down. She will now sit in the basket for a long time and not cry. I am so happy to be able to put her in the basket versus having her lie on the floor all the time. I think one of the reasons she will not sit up is her vision affects her ability to keep her balance. I think she feels safer in the basket.

Another suggestion was to give her mylar balloons that were flat. Well daddy had some balloons that were almost flat so we got to use them. They were a huge hit with Bailey, Wyatt, and Mac. They also suggested toys that make music and have flashing lights. She said it was the perfect season because Christmas lights were good. We bought her a Christmas tree from Cracker Barrel that sings, dances, and lights up. If you see or think of any toys that light up and play music let me know. It needs to be a bright and big light for it do her any good.

We tried balls in the basket. It was not as popular, but she played with them some.
About 4 days ago I felt that another tooth had broken through in Wyatt's mouth. He now has both front bottom teeth. Today I felt that he has 2 more that have broken through on the top. He now has the two lateral incisors coming in on the top. I was mistaken with Bailey on which teeth were coming in on her top. It is actually the same two top teeth that Wyatt has coming in. They now have all 4 of the same teeth coming through.
Yesterday, I caught Wyatt on his knees in front of the electrical plug. Yep, he was sticking his finger in it. I have never had to baby proof my house, but I see with that one it will be a necessity.
Bailey can now rotate herself all the way around in a circle. Today she scooted backwards some on her belly. Definitely this is progress. This what Wyatt started doing before he started crawling.

No comments: