Sunday, October 31, 2010

1st Year Check Up

Granddaddy went to our appointment with us. All 3 hours of it....
The twins went for their 1 year check up on 10/18. Bailey weighed in at a slight 15 pds 3 oz and her height was 25 inches. Wyatt weighted 16 pds 15 oz and his height was 26.5 inches. Wyatt had a good appointment. We all knew he was developmentally doing well.
Bailey is still behind (still no pt started UGH) and the doctor was disappointed in the weight gain. This time he did not tell me what to do to increase the weight. I think he was scared of me. The only way to increase her weight gain is a feeding tube. This is the first time we have seen him since I made the appointment to get a second opinion on her eyes. I told him how angry I was and that I think Bailey has been allowed to fall through the cracks. I told him I have had plenty of time to come up with my own assumptions on what happened with Bailey's sight. I told him that I believe she may have had a stroke (after coming home from the NICU) in the area that controls sight in the brain. We will need an MRI to tell if this happened. We shall see what happens this week at Emory.
The twins were suppose to receive 8 types of vaccines and I put my foot down and said no. I tried this before and they had a fit and gave all the vaccines. This time I won. I told the doctor that he could not promise me that one of the vaccine before did not make her stroke. He just looked at me and said which ones you want to give. LOL A mommy must protect her babies.

No comments: