Monday, December 27, 2010

Taken for Granted

It is the small things we take for granted when we have a normal, healthy child. We expect our children to come to us when they are hurt or upset. This has not been the case for Bailey nor has many of the other things you expect for your little one. I would have never guessed that Bailey would not sit up unassisted until she was one. Yesterday she brought tears to my eyes. I was in the next room and I heard her crying. She had pulled something down on her head so I told her to come to me. She started crawling to me saying "ma ma ma ma." Big, big steps for a child who just a few short weeks ago made no eye contact and the doctor had mentioned autism because of it. Everyday we see what a miracle she really is.
Today she hit another major milestone. I walked into the room and she was standing up. She is a big girl standing up all by herself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a precious girl. God is holding her in his hands. So glad to hear the good news.

Love Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Grandaddy says way to go my little Girl!!!!!! God is GOOD!!!!!!! Love Grandaddy and Maw

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

That's great news! Yea, Bailey!