Saturday, June 5, 2010

Guess What We Did

June 5, 2010
We did it........

The ole cereal trick. Poor Wyatt went first. He was not thrilled and does not like it. I think we will probably have little success till we add fruit to the cereal.



Originally we were going to wait till later to attempt feeding Bailey. Her feeding issues are so bad that we thought she would only gag and throw up. The doctor had agreed that we should wait and let occupational therapy help her learn. After thinking about it I just could not leave her behind and not at least try. It was the best decision I have made in a while. She loved it and even opened her mouth for the spoon. I have never had one do this on the first try.


By the end she figure out to put her fingers in her mouth to help her suck it on down.
Great success Bailey!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Congrats to Bailey!! It took fruit to get Nadia to figure out how to swallow. Ian can't stand baby oatmeal. I started with that since Nadia liked the baby oatmeal better than the baby rice cereal. He made awful faces the first time I gave him a few bites. I've tried a few times and still no success - even with giving him unsweetened applesauce he gags and doesn't like it at all. So I am very impressed with Bailey's success!