Monday, June 21, 2010

Feeding Woes

Lee and I both took Bailey to the Doctor last Wednesday. She had gained 10 ounces in 2 weeks. We both started laughing and Lee said it is going to be real hard to get the doctor to believe she has a feeding problem with that weight gain. I told him I could not help that I was adding a little something, something (extra formula powder) to make her gain weight. I refuse to let her lose weight just so I can prove she has a problem. All you need to do is listen to us and you would realize it is serious. She only takes at the most 19 ounces of milk a day. She should take around 30 ounces . He looked at us funny when we said we had to hold her down to get any milk in her. She will take her hands and try to bat the bottle out of her mouth. She cries during feeding. There is only one time she takes a bottle well and that is just when she is getting up from a nap and is still groggy. We have to hold her bottle with one hand and with that same hand push her cheek into the bottle. With the other hand we have to do a jaw lift. Talk about hand cramp!! At this point I think the only way it could get worse is to have to get a feeding tube. This all started in April for Bailey and has only steadily gotten worse. My dad said a while back that he did not think it could get worse. Well it could and did. If it does not get better before Wyatt's surgery we will have to take her with us because no one but us can feed her. I hope the GI doctor will have some answers.

Weight on Wednesday June 16: 12 pounds, 8 ounces

No comments: