Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good
So far we have not had to buy any formula. They both get two bottles of formula a day. It is a special formula for premature babies. Thank you Enfamil for supplying us with all our formula so far!

The Bad
We are on house arrest due to the flu and RSV season but.... We decided that since poor Tyler was on spring break and not getting to do anything that week we would walk around his favorite place, Bass Pro Shop. We were brave enough to eat at the restaurant. It was during the week so there were very few people there. I guess all the men were at work.

The Ugly
I expressed my concerns to the pediatrician (not our usual Dr) about Wyatt's feeding issues. His response was to try several different bottles. Duh, Einstein I have already done that and it did not help. That trip to the Dr was really a waste of my $60. He also told me to feed them more. How do you force a baby to eat more? I should have saved the puke that happened the following week after he said that and took it to him. I really don't understand why he said it because they both gain .5-1 ounce a day. The following week we got the pt consult from our regular Dr and we hope we get some help there. That appointment is tomorrow so pray for us.
Oh and thank you to my dad for acknowledging that we are really having a problem and that things are not so easy. It is a very lonely place to be when no one understands what you are going through.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

When I called Ian's pediatrician about all the vomiting/spitting up he does, the nurse said it wasn't a problem as long as Ian didn't have diarrhea (sp?). HUH?!?! I don't think Ian has that although at this age their bm's are so runny (and yellow) it's hard to know what would be different. THanks for telling me about the one free case. Ironically I got way more free cans this time even though I used more with Nadia. I think between the three companies (Good Start, Similac, and Enfamil) we got at least 13 free cans. We're on our 3rd can and the first two I tossed before they were empty bc of the 30 day expiration. It sounds like your babies are eating more than enough if they are gaining that much each day. I hope in time Wyatt will spit up less. When are they to start eating solids? My greatnephew (born in Sept) spit up TONS and once he started eating rice cereal it got better. Well I am glad you got so much free formula. I hope it's enough to last you until they are done with formula! Ian wasn't regularly getting a bottle every day, but I think for the extra calories I am going to make sure he has at least one even on the days I'm home all day. I hope as time goes by that you have fewer doctor appts and more fun outings.

Rigby Rascals said...

You are so brave to take them all out to eat. All four of them are getting so big!! We can't wait until the twins are big enough for us to visit.