Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Weekend of First Experiences

On December 26 Wyatt and Bailey had a first. They were able to touch and lie in the same bed for the first time. She absolutely loved it and went crazy over him. She had her hands all over him and even had him sucking her fingers. He is a typical man. He did not care for it at all. The nurses told me he was the same way when they co-bedded them.



12/26/09
Lee is a sneak. He let my dad hold Bailey for the first time, and I did not even know it. They both came back from the hospital grinning like a possum. It was very fitting for him to be able to hold her. I think outside of us he has really "understood" how serious this was and suffered the most. He told me the other night that when he first saw them it hurt him so bad. He said that he thought to himself that we would never get to see those two come home. I really hope he enjoyed this special moment holding a baby that fought so hard to stay here with us.
RaRa got to hold Bailey on 12/26. I don't know what I would have done through all of this without Regan's help. I know that going through all this with me was hard on her because she lost Cameron. We could never repay her.
Wyatt has a surprise for Granddaddy and RaRa. On Monday he tested positive for MRSA in the eye so off to isolation for the two of the them. Guess all the loving will have to wait till they get home.

12/27/09
Brianne and Tyler got to see Bailey for the first time. If you click on the picture and enlarge it you can see that Bailey is awake.
Tyler and Brianne peeking at Wyatt.
I had all 4 of my children in one room for the first time. You could never imagine what it felt like. I waited 73 days for this to happen.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I can't imagine waiting over 70 days. I am sooooooooooo glad they are doing so well and will be coming home soon. PTL! I am jealous of how chubby they look - more son than Ian does that is for sure. How much do they weigh now?