Friday, October 30, 2009

Am I Still Sane?

Absolutely not!!! We have transferred to yet another hospital. This time it is Bailey going for a ride. Today she was transferred to Baptist South. They have a ventilator, the oscillator, that East does not have. The Doctor wanted to transfer her today while she was still stable. Both she and Wyatt have pulmonary interstitial emphysema and believe me you don't want to google that one. It is a condition some preemies develop due to immature lungs. The nurse that took her at South said Bailey was loving the oscillator. The nurse said that Bailey is a feisty one. She should have Wyatt one day. He is a very active little man. Bailey just doesn't like people to bother her, and she also does not like light and noises. I pray that she continues to love the oscillator until her lungs have healed enough to come off the ventilator.

Wyatt is "having a good day."(knock on wood) Good days for him seem so few and far between. They have been able to wean his FIO2 and respiratory rate down some.

We are praying for 2 miracles.

3 comments:

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

Yes, you are still sane!! We are all praying for these babies!

Tracey Dawson Cannizzo said...

Regina, I am from Monroeville and graduated from high school with your brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Tim & Michelle. Of course, as you know, news of any sorts gets around M'ville pretty quickly, so I heard about your little arrivals-- mainly I suspect because my husband and I also welcomed twins this summer.

Please know that we are praying every day for your little angels. What strength they arrive with-- more than most people develop throughout their lives.

Twins truly are something special-- sometimes when we pray for a miracle, God gives us two.

Our little girls arrived at 36.5 weeks, but only after months of bedrest, both home and in the hospital, so I understand somewhat your journey. And, although there was no NICU necessary for either (just some light therapy for one) in the hospital, we're dealing with a few issues here at 3 months.

Should you ever need a support system for the world of twins, please don't hesitate to contact me-- I'm happy to be an ear to listen, or better yet, a sounding board to yell.

Again, you and your family remain in our thoughts & prayers.

Tracey Dawson Cannizzo
traceydcannizzo@yahoo.com
www.cannizzofamily.blogspot.com (you can see our little ladies here)

Ruth said...

Are these hospitals closer together? I wish your babies could at least be at the same hospital. I'll keep on praying for them!!!