Monday, October 26, 2009

12 Days Old

Since Wyatt has decided to make the entire last week all about him I thought I would post a picture the nurses took of him.
Wyatt's life in the last week:
He flew to Birmingham in a helicopter. He had major abdomen surgery for which we are thankful turned out to be the best case senario. Daddy comes home and was home for less than 24 hours before Wyatt decides he wants him back up there. He is restarted back on Dopamine for his blood pressure and of course we begin going up on the ventilator. We are going the wrong way on the ventilator. They keep saying this is typical preemie behavior. I keep saying I wish I were not a respiratory therapist. Ignorance would be bliss.

Bailey's life this week:
Just hanging out and chilling. I think God knows that if both were acting like Wyatt Lee and I would not survive the stress. She has not come off the ventilator again. They started feeding her on Saturday and have slowly been progressing the feedings. She still weighs 1 pound 7 ounces which is good since they lose weight at first.

Mommy in the last week:
Mommy has cried in more places than you can imagine. I even cried at Target. I try to avoid places where people know me because they will ask about the babies. I try to get other people to answer the phone so I don't have to answer questions that I just can't answer at this time. I continue to be thankful that I am still here to raise my children.

2 comments:

itsthebaileys said...

Oh Regina! I had no idea that the twins came early. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Keep us posted.

Troy and Rachel Bailey

Ruth said...

So sorry they're having such a rough time. I will keep praying!!! Had you been given the steroid shot to speed up their lung development before you gave birth?