Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear Doctor,

Dear Dr. K****,

Guess what?! I beat prematurity! I just thought you might want to know that since this is Prematurity Awareness Month. My mommy sure doesn't like you very much. You said so many awful things to her when I was in the NICU. My lungs did not "fall apart," and I even came home from the hospital with no oxygen or respiratory medications. Maybe you should learn some bedside manners so you don't hurt another mommy's feelings.


Sorry I have to go. I have more tables to climb and toys to throw out of the toy box.
Wyatt

P.S. Don't tell my mommy and daddy I know how to get a pen and write on the wall.



Dear Dr. B*****,

You helped me beat the odds. My mommy thinks you are the bestest person around. You always called her at just the right time to give her an update. I think she might have lost her mind without some of those phone calls. Thank you for never giving up on me. My mommy was so glad when you allowed my brother to be transferred back to your hospital. We love all the nurses too especially the ones that carried me around and held me when I was bigger.

Love,
Bailey
P.S. Please tell all those nurses thank you for teaching me how to make my mommy and daddy hold me all the time. I now have mad skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Bailey you had a Grandaddy that never gave up on you and if someone would say that you were not going to be like other little girls it would make him so mad but he would always say that my little girl was going to do everything every other little could do!! You know what he was right!!! We love Miss Bailey so very much!! Grandaddy and Maw!!

Anonymous said...

Wyatt I wish that I could get that tongue!!! My big Man!! We love you too!! Maw and Grandaddy

kasey said...

Hooray for your preemies speaking up!! You tell 'em guys! Looks like they're doing so well!!