Friday, December 25, 2009

Wyatt and Bailey's Christmas Eve (and my present)

On 12/20/9 Wyatt was taken out of the isolate and placed in a big boy bed. It sure was a big bed for such a little man. I saw him in the new bed for the first time on Christmas eve.


The nurse practitioner at Children's came to me and asked how I would feel about him going back down to Baptist South to be with sister. I did not answer because all I could do was cry. She asked how I would feel about him being there for Christmas. Definitely YES! I would not even take a million dollars over having him be back close to home with his sister. The NP at Baptist South said they called her and asked how she would feel about giving someone a Christmas present.

He made it down to Montgomery at around 5:45. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him on the stretcher. All I could see was a little pink face in the middle of this big stretcher.

I can just imagine what he is thinking as he sucks this pacifier. (which he usually doesn't care for) He had just made it down and was a little traumatized. He peed and pooped on the nurse.

His new little baby bed
His sister slept for most of the time he was getting checked in. She did at one point "crawl" over to the side hole and bump her head on it. I put her back, and I told her I was sorry but for now this was the closest we could get them.
Closest they have been since they were 5 days old. A very emotional time for me....

No comments: