Friday, December 19, 2008

School Party and Tyler Turns 6

On December 11 Tyler's kindergarten class had their Christmas program. It was followed by a Christmas party for the parents. They did such a good job singing.


I swear I tried to make him look handsome. I put him in a nice shirt and even had him wear his dinosaur tie. He went to class with his hair neatly combed and his shirt tucked in. Did no one notice that his shirt was not tucked in before they had him walk into the atrium? Lee would not let me get up and stop the line so I could tuck his shirt in. Now come on, it would not have taken long and surely he is too young to get embarrassed. haha


Tyler made us an ornament and iced cookies for us. The teacher said she made sure we got the cookie our child made because she figured we did not mind our own child's slobber. Hummm my mind goes back to the blue icing and cookies we made at home....


My baby turned 6 on December 9!!!!
On the day of his birthday we went to eat at the "Peanut place" aka Texas Roadhouse. He loved that they made a big deal and hollered his name out in the restaurant. He also loved the chocolate cake he got to eat. We had his birthday party on the 11th at Pump it up.

Tyler, Brianne and some of his class mates watching the "rules" video

As you can tell Brianne did not like the big slide. I did finally get her to like the jumping houses. I had to go in them with her, and I may have had more fun than the kids.


Poor Tyler was so sweaty from playing in the jumpy houses.


Tyler is such a sweet big brother. He did not even mind letting his sister sit with him while he opened his presents. It is so sweet it brings tears to my eyes.
We finished off Tyler's birthday that weekend when Be Be and Granddaddy came up. The boys went to the movies to see Bolt, and the girls went shopping.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Tyler looks handsome even with his shirt untucked (although as a mom it would have driven me crazy not to fix it also!). I love that pic of you and Tyler. I also love the pic above of you and dh ready for his party. You look GREAT and the color in his tie matches your dress. :-) Merry Christmas!!!