Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Tyler!

On December 9, 2011 Tyler turned 9!!!
I can't believe that my baby boy is 9. He has grown so much this year. He is a hard worker at school and made all As except in penmanship. He is such a kind, considerate kid.
For his birthday we took him to the zoo to see the Christmas lights and then we ate at Las Casitas. They enjoyed riding the train at the zoo. We even manged to take the babies with us. Of course the hand sanitizer was aplenty, and we did not let them near other kids. Going to the zoo for the Christmas lights is expensive. I don't think it is worth what they charge. He was so excited because Jacob spent the night.




12/11/2011
On Sunday Gandma and Mr. Steve stopped by to celebrate Tyler's birthday. We ate soup for lunch and then Tyler went and picked out his DS games.


12/4
Wyatt still adores his brother and imitates everything he does. Tyler even has him sticking his hands in the air when you say stick it up. Silly boy!

Payback can sometimes be very painful. I found this bite on Wyatt's arm. I guess Bailey has decided to get him back for all those bites she received. This is not the last time she bites him. LOL I have caught her several times trying to bite him. She tried to bite me when I stopped her. I guess when you have no other way to communicate, biting it is. Don't feel bad for him because 2 days ago I found a bite on Bailey's leg.

Bailey's "all of a sudden" progress is truly remarkable. She is saying almost as many words as Wyatt. She doesn't know what most of them mean like Wyatt, but it is still great progress. I will see her do something that Wyatt started doing months ago and instead of getting upset that she is lagging I have to tell myself that it is "all in her own time." Bailey's newest and cutest thing for December was figuring out the light switch. Below is the first time she found the light switches. She would stand there and turn the lights on and off, and she was even saying lights. I asked Lee what he would do if any of the other kids were on the box versus what you do when Bailey gets up there. We both answered the same. If it was Wyatt we would make him get down and tell him not to get up there. For Bailey you go over and try to teach her all there is about the light switch and being on the box. You don't really understand until you have a child with special needs.
I had to move the box because I was afraid she would get hurt. She did not have her new glasses (another story for later), and I knew she had limited vision. She later found the light switch on the stairs. I always know when she is on the stairs because the hall light will start going on and off.

12/10
She likes wearing things on her head. She doesn't care whether it is a pair of pants or a crown. She also gives sweet little kisses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my BABIES!!!!