Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wyatt's 2nd Surgery

Wyatt had a 2nd bowel surgery today. The problem all started when I saw him on Wednesday. I immediately noticed how swollen his stomach was and I had a fit. They were even still feeding him with his stomach swollen. The surgeon was called in, and Wyatt went for test on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Surgery was going to be on Sunday then Monday. On Monday we were mad, and the staff were embarrassed by all that had gone on. It was the craziest mess I had ever seen. We finally had surgery today and the news was very good. He had a stricture and bowel obstruction at the site of his ostomy and no bowel had to be removed. I am so glad I had a fit on Wednesday because if they had continued to feed him it would have probably perforated and that would have been very bad. We thank God that everything went so well.

Saturday through Monday were bad days for Bailey. She was having oxygen and heart rate problems. While I was there Sunday night her sats dropped to 35% and she had heart rate decels. Her heart rate then went into the 200s. I told them I would need to sit down because I was getting light headed. It is very hard to watch this go on with your child. It certainly does not help that I am in the medical field, and I know what is happening. Her heart rate was still up the next morning so they discontinued some of her meds. This has seemed to help, and she had a better day today.

Today's weights:
Wyatt 2 pounds 15 ounces
Bailey 2 pounds 3 ounces

Thanks to everyone for their continued prays and please keep them coming.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Sorry to hear of the continued stresses you guys are going through. Glad to see they're both over 2 lbs and Wyatt is almost 3 lbs! Grow little ones, grow!!