Monday, November 23, 2009

Big Updates

Sorry I did not update earlier, but I have definitely been busy. On Friday Bailey was extubated again and placed on CPAP. We hope the 3rd time is the charm.

Friday on CPAP
My first time ever holding Bailey!!! She has been very sensitive to light, touch, and sound, but when I held her she did wonderful. She had the best oxygen sats I had ever seen.

More big news is that on Sunday she was taken off the CPAP and put on a nasal cannula. The nurse was so excited to show me that she had put her first shirt on her.



Wyatt continues to maintain and not really go anywhere on the ventilator. We hope to see an improvement soon. It makes my heart break to see him not do as well as Bailey.



I managed to bribe the nurse into letting Tyler into see Wyatt. I told her about it being my birthday on Wednesday, and that all I wanted for my birthday was to have Tyler come in and see him. Tyler did so well. It meant the world to me to see my two boys in the same room together.

1 comment:

Rigby Rascals said...

This is all great news! We have so much to be thankful for. We will miss you all at Thanksgiving.