Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I took the challenge on 10/14/08...

Christine on http://smilesandtrials.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-challenge-you.html challenged her readers to make something special for someone and take it to them. Tyler, Brianne, and I decided to make cookies for their teachers. Brianne has two teachers and Tyler one, but after we arrived home Tyler tells me that he hopes we are making cookies for Mrs Twiggs because he loves her. Mrs Twiggs is his teacher from last year. We set out to make cookies for 4 teachers. I got the crazy idea that we would add food coloring to the icing. Note to self: never add food coloring to icing that a 5 year old must use. He wanted to use blue for the ocean. Tyler and I iced the cookies after we put the 2 year old munchkin to bed. Smartest idea I had all day!!!!


You may be asking your self why my child has no shirt on. It is really very simple. I should have taken it off from the beginning but oh no... He dropped a cookies on his shirt and it spread EVERYWHERE. He dropped several cookies on the floor. Icing was all over the counters and floor. Luckily I had extra cookies or there would have been few cookies to go around. When Tyler was icing the first cookie I glanced at him, and he had taken the knife (not sharp) and was licking it. He then was about to start right back up icing. LOL I had to stop that one quickly. I then noticed that since he could not lick the knife he started licking his fingers. Oh my, the mind of a 5 year old. We washed his hand and started over. We made sure we gave the teachers cookies that were minus the germs!!! Tyler would drop a cookie and then look at me and say, "are you mad momma." All I could do was laugh. We really had a good time, and I laughed so much my side was hurting.


I did not get pictures of Brianne helping, but she did help with getting the cookies ready to go in the oven. She has a love for raw cookie dough. Now everyone that reads this needs to get crazy and take the Christine Challenge.
Christine, I did scream your name a few times, and one time I must admit that I said I was going to get you. We had a good time.

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Thanks so much for taking the challenge. Your story brought tears to my eyes, but then you caught me writing an emotional post. Anyway, how did the teachers enjoy the cookies? Did Tyler say how he had helped you make them like a big boy? Are you going to take the next challenge? ;)

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

Sounds like you are warming up a Christmas cookie baking!!

I'll bet those cookies were soooo good!