Thursday, February 2, 2012

Medical Updates For December and January

We took Bailey to see the opthamologist in December because I had noticed that she was having trouble seeing (pulling objects close to her face) and that her strabismus had worsened. We were saddened to hear that her eyes had gotten much worse. Her RX for her glasses had doubled. Will it continue to worsen? What happens if her eyes continue to do this? All the doctor will say is that she hopes that it slows down. I pray that God will take care of Bailey's little eyes. The doctor says she doesn't qualify for laser in the future unless they come out with newer technology.

We started the process of finding a new person to work on feeding for both Wyatt and Bailey. This time we are trying a speech therapist. Bailey doesn't mind this therapist. Wyatt gets upset when he sees the building. He vomited, and I was required to get a note stating he was not sick and could continue therapy. I would think that it wouldn't be necessary to get a note since they work with children with sensory issues.

I started the calling early intervention November 28 to try to swap to another early intervention program. We finally got it swapped on January 17. AIDB was quick to cut the services off but mighty slow to ever begin them. Amazing... We received an appointment to see their case worker on Feb 1. I hope this doesn't mean services will not start till March. The people with the state take their time.

We saw the urologist in January, and everything looks fine. He wants to continue to follow us yearly. If Children's decides to swindle another $68 noncovered facility fee from us, we will not go back. It gets expensive when we pay our copay for each child then get a facility fee tacked on for each child. Children's Hospital should be ashamed!!!! I personally don't see why our pediatrician can't follow them, and we could see the urologist if we had a problem.

They both saw the GI doctor the first of January, We are to continue their meds. Neither of them eat table food. Really neither eat much of anything. Boost is how they survive. He says it will take time. Oh please.... I now have to hold my tongue most of the time when feeding is brought up by people. I would probably be considered rude by some of the things I want to say. If you have never been in our shoes you don't have a clue what it is really like. At the end of the month Wyatt's vomiting has gotten out of control. He throws up 4-5 times a day. He has been scheduled for an EGD on February13. Please pray that Wyatt does fine during the procedure, and that whatever they find is a very easy fix. (as in meds)

I hope February brings a month full of good health. I would also love to see some improvement in their eating.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

A facility fee??? What?!?! That's nuts. I didn't take Ian back for any follow up at the urologist after his 2nd surgery. I just asked the ped to see if everything seemed fine, and he said it was, and I was fine with that. Oh and I forgot to mention on the post above that their room looks great! I love the letters for their names, and that's so awesome that someone made them for you. wow!!! That's not something I could do by any stretch of the imagination. I hope the biopsy is insightful for Wyatt. I do feel your pain as Ian is in the same boat. I'd say over the course of the day he ate a total of about 35 bites of applesauce (we're talking tiny bites on a baby spoon). I'm supposed to feed him 4-5 times more food a day than that. Thank goodness for Elecare (he can't have boost due to his allergies).