Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Early Father's Day

We love to celebrate holidays early at this house. For one thing the kids will not keep a secret, and I am usually excited and want to go ahead and give the gift. Tyler decided he wanted to make cup cakes for Father's Day. I got home and then remembered that in all the moves all my muffin pans are gone. We made a cake instead and really did not have enough icing.

I am telling you that this is one girl that loves something sweet.
They iced the cake. Truth be known I let Brianne bang on it for a little while and then I finished icing it.
The finished cake...
The kids love to give out presents, but they always take the present to the person and then begin opening it. Last time we gave Lee a present Tyler took everything out of the bag and told him about each thing. It is very funny to watch. We got Lee an Auburn shirt (yuck) and money. The kids wanted to get him an Alabama shirt, but I talked them out of it.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I have a hard time waiting to give gifts also. I gave Paul his Father's Day gift on Wednesday, LOL and I've been letting Nadia play with her bday presents already. I plan to wrap them so she can still open a couple of them next week - of course at one year old she doesn't really get that yet anyhow, LOL!