Monday, September 15, 2008

Tyler Earns His Yellow Belt

Tyler has earned his yellow belt in karate. He would have gotten it earlier, but he has had some problems listening and following directions. To be honest there has been some nights where the entire class did not listen and follow directions. Tyler is even at the point where he does not want to take karate anymore, and I think it is because we keep telling him he has got to improve his listening skills. We will continue to make him take because we feel it will help him in the long run. If you have kids near this age and you have a suggestion on how to improve Tyler's listening and following direction skills please speak up. Tyler is by no means hyper, and he defintely does not have ADHD. I think that alot of it is that he is a boy and is only 5. Still speak up if you have a suggestion.




Mr Reeves giving Tyler his new belt and certificate.

2 comments:

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

Way to go, Tyler!! Bebe and Granddaddy are so proud of you!!

sara said...

Thanks for stopping by with the kind comment and encouragement. I like all of the pictures on you page - very cool. So a respiratory therapist and a CRNA under one roof, huh? Talk about a marriage made in heaven, LOL! Thanks for telling me that - for some reason I feel suddenly at ease with any fellow airway buddy :-) My poor (engineer) husband says that now that I'm pregnant and off of work that I still pass gas - just not quite the same type :-) Hope you and your family are doing well, and thanks again for following along with us. I hope to stop holding my breath one of these days as well, it'll be nice to go back to 'normal" whatever that is :-)